Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Yes, Isaac Brock plays the banjo, but this isn't him

I don't know about you, but I am a huge fan of bluegrass music. My parents were the ones that introduced me to the sound. I recently attended a Bluegrass festival that had Dolly Parton as a headliner. I think that really huge bluegrass musicians are hard to find so they reach for country ones.

But I digress. Last Friday I was at a bar with friends and some person put on a Bluegrass version of some Modest Mouse song. After a little searching on the internet, I found the album:

Pickin'’ On Modest Mouse (A Tribute)



And here are a few excerpts:


Ocean Breathes Salty Air

3rd Planet


Polar Opposites


I plan on buying it.

1 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Red Star Nezzie said...

yoshi did a wee bit more research on this...

http://www.ironhorsebluegrass.com/

the bandis called iron horse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home