Thursday, September 15, 2005

Work

So..I have quit taking my meds. Woohoo. Or not. I have managed to lose 5 pounds in the last week, but I am also violently ill. Well, that comes and goes. I can't function very well. Doug called me the other night and the conversation was kinda strained because I was getting these weird head zaps. Also, I have been late to work cuz either I sleep too much or can't sleep. Considering the fact that I was almost fired for tardiness, I decided to contact my HR department about my current condition. Here is the letter:


M,

So, I am currently taking medication for a GAD and Depression and have been getting off the medication (too much information?). The withdrawal side effects are pretty severe and I am not sure if I will be required to call in sick sometimes or be late to work. I am not sure what the procedure for these things is, but I know that it could affect my work or working hours and I would like to go through HR to make sure that it is not problematic for my job. Do you have any advice for these things? Here are a list of the side effects that I am experiencing and could experience within the next month or so:

http://www.namiscc.org/News/2002/Summer/PaxilWithdrawal.htm

http://www.adrugrecall.com/paxil/withdrawal-symptoms.html


This is, of course, something that me and my doctor talk about, but I want you to know that I am currently experiencing nausea, flu-like symptoms, and extreme head shocks. Sometimes I find it difficult to engage in conversations. I am trying to ignore these feelings and do my work, but I am a little worried that it could become obvious to other people. I don't particularly like talking to my coworkers about it and so, I thought I'd turn to your department.
Please advise.

N

And here was the response:


Good Afternoon N,
Are you asking for an accommodation for a temporary disability?
Are you asking for a change in working hours, i.e. a flexible work day to accommodate your disability?
If this is the case, you need only bring a note from your health care provider stating that you are, because of your disability, unable to report to work every day at the same time and are requesting flexible work hours for the next ______ weeks.
If your condition is affecting your work, as you state below, meaning that you are unable to perform your job effectively because of your condition, then you would need to take a leave of absence until such time that you are able to perform your job.
If that is the case, your health care provider needs to write a note stating that you are unable to work until _______, and you would then apply for California State Disability benefits and Short Term Disability benefits.
Let me know what the situation is and we will go from there.
Thanks, J

So, I am going to the doctor today to discuss this.

Plus, I have no real reason for blogging such personal information, other than the fact that nothing else is going on in my life.

except....ask sarah about Check Me Off, Chekhov. We're gonna rock your body.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Red Star Nezzie said...

update-- in case anyone cares...my doc wrote me a note to modify my hours and my work denied the request!!!!!!!!!!!

Can they do that??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home