I Had a Dream
I had a dream about Heaven the other night. I almost believed in the place. I was with a bunch of hikers, dressed in white, walking up a mountain of sand. The mountain was insanely difficult to climb and we kept rolling all the way down once we almost reached the top.
Eventually, we all made it.
I think we were in teams or something. Did I watch the Great Race before I fell asleep? Dunno.
Anywho, we reached the top. The story kind of changed at this point (as dreams do) and the hikers became people that I knew personally. People from work. From parties. From college. Etc. It turned out that we were taking a field trip to Heaven. I didn't believe in Heaven, so, I was really annoyed to have to take this trip. We got on some sort of monorail and took our seats. The train started going up, up, up... and there before me, in white and blue, hiding in the clouds, was the face of Jesus. I could see it for just a moment and I started to believe religion and all that shite. Maybe we were really going to seethis place called Heaven. There was a large gasp from my group of friends and all of the sudden, the train started to go down. It was like a rollercoaster. My stomach was turning andthe sky started getting darker. Then, the train stopped in - what appeared to be- a dungeon. We got out and made our way up some dark stairs, lit only by torchlight.
At the top of the stairs was a bowling alley. A bowling alley with flies and drunks and bad booze. We were trapped.
Again, the story changed and I found myself plotting to escape the bowling alley Heaven -- yes, Heaven turned out to be a bowling alley-- I spent the rest of my dream trying to figure out how to steal Uzis from the owners of the bowling alley. After I was successful, I started shooting up the place and made it outside, where there was nothing but men waiting for me, throwing hand grenades in an attempt to kill me.
I am SO not into Heaven.
the pumpkin masher

1 Comments:
i can't even begin to analyze what all this means.
i dreamed of heaven last night, too. it's called the Sonic Youth show at Northsix...
Post a Comment
<< Home