Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Louis Poser

So, I wanted to go see Bloc Party at Bottom of the Hill, but it sold out. So, I decided to show up, the following night, to their live performance at Popscene. And if you know Popscene, you'll know that it is filled with 18 year old hipsters. I was one once...or at least I pretend. And it is so hard to go back there and see the new crop. I am now 10 years older and feeling it. When I told Yoshi that I wanted to see Bloc Party at Popscene, he sent me an email, titled, Louis XIV (the band, not the king). It said:

that will be a super 'hot hot heat' and 'killer' show. It's very 'bravery' of you to go 'kasabian' will be a large crowd.

I laughed my ass off. Well, not literally.

So then he tells me about how the band Louis XIV was actually an alt-country band called Convoy. Posers, he says. And as proof, he sent me this article and this picture.

Actually, I am sure this is only news to me. I never was into the alt-country scene and never thought to do a background check on Louis XIV. Imagine that??

4 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Me2 said...

all these bands suck cock. see you soon!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Red Star Nezzie said...

you're right-- check out yoshi's band-- still flyin-- they are on my myspace friend list.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Me2 said...

have you heard the louis 16's bullshit stuff? wow, we like TRex and the strokes are makin coin and getting laid. we're 35 and fat, let's get a deal! I tried the record on for size, and it is such garbage. the killers, bravery and louis are the official emf/jesus jones; candlebox bush of thier respective eras...too bad I never really found a happy mondays or nirvanna before the shit broke.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger faycat said...

josef, why don't you say how you really feel? don't hold back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home