I Have Prickly Heat
Yup. I itch like crazy.
But, enough about that.
A friend of my friend writes the comic strip Optic Nerve. He recently got written up in US News. (article) Something about him being a genius or something. I hear that everyone in his family is talented. His mom had a film in the Asian Film Festival in SF this year. My friend gave her film a 5 out of 5.
On another topic, I was really excited to finally get props for being such a Craigslist Missed Connections obsessive. It all started with me watching the 3 hour Finale of The Bachelorette a couple of weeks ago. It pretty much sucked. Nevertheless, there was one thing about the Finale that really stuck in my head. The song written by the finalist for the Bachelorette, about his love for her. It was so incredibly cheesy. I was on the phone with Yoshi when the song started playing and we both agreed that it was time to barf.
The next day while perusing the Missed Connection listing, I came across this lovely poem/song/gushing. I can't find it right now, but I swear it was sweet. It ended with the lines- We can dance. Play the Shins.
I forwarded this listing to Yoshi because I was convinced (not really) that he had written this cheesy poem/song for me. Yoshi forwarded it on the James Mercer of the Shins. Now, this story is only interesting from here, because, James wrote Yoshi back.
Here's what part of the email said:
Hey Yoshi:
Thanks for the email. That's funny. Its odd to be some part of a persons pop culture. Maybe they'll get it on to the shins. Or at least squeeze a nip or something. ha ha HEE........ James
I was so happy. Even if my name wasn't mentioned for being the one who found the posting, I was happy that James Mercer!!! thought it was funny.

James Mercer.
the pumpkin masher

2 Comments:
sigh. i loves me some james mercer. you gotta get yoshi to hook that shit up for me.
oh, and you can pass it on to JM that i have personally gotten it on to the shins. "mine's not a high horse" just makes you feel all sexy and shit.
Post a Comment
<< Home