Wuz Happenin?
So, I have been going out lots, lots and more lots. I don't even know where to begin. Here are 5 things that I have done in the last few weeks:
#1- VIP to the Polyphonic Spree show at the Fillmore (this was during a private party there). Me and my friend Andy sipped our free drinks and hung out with the bandmates. We got there when DangerMouse was playing and left after some of the Polyphonic Spree members took these two chicks backstage. I have decided that Andy's friend, the harpist, is slimy. I would say so to his face.
#2- The next night I had All Access passes to see the Still Flyin'/Mates of State show at Slim's. Word of advice-- never give a drunk girl All Access. I think that the members of the band learned the hard way. I showed up shitfaced, after 4 tall Whiskey Sours, but I got to be the Still Flyin' personal photographer. Awesome! (After Noise Pop, they got this awesome write up in the SF Weekly. And my heart, my little Japanese boy, Yoshi, was heavily quoted. I am so proud of him!) Later that night, after the show and the free booze, I took a cab to my friend Dan's house for a party--the birthday of a local designer named Paula. I had the spins and had to spend the proceeding 3 hours eating birthday banana bread in an attempt to sober up. By midnight I was good. So, I started up on the wine. Miraculously, I didn't end up with a hangover.
#3- After 3 days of wearing the same clothes, being drunk, partying with total strangers in Nob Hill Penthouses, I was suppose to make it to another Still Flyin' show at Thee Parkside (Noise Pop headquarters). On the way there, I decided to stop at Old Navy to get a cheap t-shirt so that I wouldn't smell so bad. Let's keep in mind that I AM a girl. A very dirty girl. That show was great. Although I had very low energy, I still managed to dance.
#4- I went out with my friend Jeremiah to see the Finches. After the show, I drove us to Casanova's (the bar, not the person) and was introduced to a guy named Matt. Matt, as it turned out, was friends with Modest Mouse. Well, I love and have recently met MM, so we hit it off. After about 5 minutes of talking and trying to call Isaac Brock, Matt asked me to be in his band. Actually, he called me "eye candy". Yeah, that's right. He wants me to be the "eye candy" in his band. I don't know what the band is called but apparently, they are self-proclaimed "shoegazer". That is all that I got out of the man. I told my friend Sarah about this "eye candy" in a band thing and she said that we should start our own chick band. Wait, does anyone realize that I can't play an instrument and I can't sing? Apparently not.
#5- Last night, I drank a bottle of wine and then went to Cafe du Nord to see The Stones and The Crystal Skulls. The lead singer, Christopher, looks like Nick Lachey. I drank more at the show and during the Crystal Skulls set, realized that I was the only one in the club dancing. Today, I felt fine, but when I took a smoke break, I almost threw up.
the pumpkin masher

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home