Battle Of The Planets- Remembered
Over the weekend, Yoshi bought me an Anime DVD- Gatchaman aka Battle of the Planets from Rhino-- because he knows that I have a thing for these particular Japanese characters.

Last week, we had dinner with his friend Adrian, who writes the graphic novel Optic Nerve. I tried really hard to find things in common with him. I figured that he would like to talk about ComicCon in San Diego and geek out about comic books and anime. I mean, I was, until 5 months ago, dating an animator and I know a little bit about the animation/comic book world. Adrian, however, is not as nerdy as the animators that I know and when I told him about these Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets) costumes that I made for halloween, he said that I would fit right in with the peeps at ComicCon-- he used a tone that made me feel really uncool. I really should have come back with "uncool is the new cool."
But don't get me wrong, Adrian is a totally sweet guy and very talented too.
Anyways-- to toot my horn-- me and my ex spent about 2 weeks designing, sewing, and plastering to come up with these really cool halloween costumes.

The odd thing is that while walking around the Castro to show these babies off, we ran into Yoshi, who I didn't know then, but who I am dating now-- which proves that this world is actually very tiny. He, of course, remembered the costumes and thought it would be cute to get me their newly (December) released DVD on Rhino. God Bless him.
the pumpkin masher

3 Comments:
I fucking love those costumes. It's pure brilliance. And I won't say what you know I think about you know who I'm talkin about. Cause you know.
yeah, i know.
don't you hate it when you think of a comeback afterwards and you're just kicking yourself because you didn't pull it out right then? sometimes i just say it out loud anyway. people think i'm crazy.
Post a Comment
<< Home