Cafe du Nord was so damn full last nite. Now I'm out of it.
Stepped off the bus, took in some air, and thought to myself "it smells like sandwiches today." As I crossed Market Street to get to my building, I noticed a long line of people outside the Bank of America doors, which is conveniently located below the trendy and cheapest clothing store ever-- Forever 21. The crowd was just a group of immigrants or 90 year old pensioners and it occurred to me that it would be really funny if they were actually in line for the clothing store. I can just picture it now: old men in walkers sorting through 3 floors of hoodies. Well...I tend to get really lost in thought and drift away from reality. Lucky for me that these two notes sounded from somewhere or nowhere and snapped me out of my deep thoughts. I checked my phone to see if I had missed a call since the notes had a similar tone to my new crappy Nokia's ring. Nothing. Then I heard it again and found myself humming a Radiohead song-- "transport, motorways and...sumthing...." I started floating, filled with memories of a trip to England when I was 22.
BTW- My boyfriend, the Mayor, slept with his campaign manager's wife. My office is filled with chitter chatter.
the pumpkin masher

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home