Friday, June 23, 2006

Milli Vanilli Meets Stomp/Rent


Seriously, I saw the weirdest and worst band ever tonight. The muscles in the back of my head still hurt from laughing so hard. Strangely, Sarah's friends opened for them...and they were a Noise Pop sponsored performance (no, the Noise Pop festival is not going on...I looked). The group consisted of two black men with tight clothes and tambourines fronting some white nerd rock band. They were the kind of band that I would imagine would be "the rock band" in a Broadway musical. Actually, I stole that analogy from Sarah's friend Kyle, from the opening act, who said that Lansing Dreiden Section II (the headlining group) was a mix between Broadway and Erasure. Still, I'm confused. Was it a joke?

If you come across them, I don't know what to tell you. You should avoid them, but maybe consider seeing them for five minutes to understand why they suck. It's like when someone tells you that their food tastes like shit and then asks you to taste it. Still, some people were REALLY into the band. In fact, I found a pretty good review of them online. They are also on Myspace. Myspace has songs... but they are a crock. They sound better than the live versions and you are missing the fighting tambourine dance that goes with them.

I mean...it was a joke right? Right?

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger sarah said...

this is amazing. you really captured the experience well. i wish we had video of our rad dance moves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home