Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Things are turning out swell


I went to interview with the International Rescue Committee in Oakland yesterday for a volunteer position and I'm starting to feel better about me and mine. Well, cuz I'm doing something that I actually want to be doing: working with refugees (Liberian ones to be exact). Then today, after being really fucking depressed about being alone and jobless (unpaid work does not count) at 30, I met with Prager for breakfast. Breakfast equaled mimosas and sangria. She seemed happy and it was great to see her. She lives in Chicago now. After many drinks, we went to the corner of 16th and Valencia to look for hipsters so that we could trade my Parliament Lights for cigarettes that she likes (American Spirits). We didn't see any...and Prager pointed out that maybe hipsters have started working lately. Oh well.

The reason that I'm in a good mood: it's hot and sunny and fucking wonderful in SF today!

And Happy Birthday Josef!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home