I Get Mugged and Everything Turns Out Dandy
Last night I went to see Modest Mouse play some corporate party (Macromedia) at the Fillmore. I found out that their second drummer is touring with Stephen Malkmus (Joe also plays with Black Heart Procession and Magic Magicians and some other band--I think the guy has a LOT going on) and there weren't many roadies at the show. I met Isaac's fiancee-- he introduced her to someone as "the girl of his dreams" and I have to say that she is a cutie. Also, Isaac is no longer chubbles. Hmm. Eric Judy had his second baby. Now he has two. Oliver and Milo (Fay will like that). Jeremiah broke up with Shannyn Sossamon's little sister. They are playing in Reno tonight and they will be back for the Download show on Saturday. We agreed that the Killers are "catchy" and that Arcade Fire is great-- although, Eric thinks their live shows are all over the place.
Umm- one more thing- the audience was sucky. I don't think even a 4th of them really even cared that Modest Mouse was playing at their company party. It was great- says Yoshi-- to see MM play for a non MM audience. It makes them seem like just a normal band again. I liked that too.
And- I got a packet of hangover cure and a box of cereal, signed by the band, for my sister. Isaac McShreddies Brock.
the pumpkin masher

3 Comments:
Milo!
That's some crazy company party if they got Modest Mouse to play for them. I think the best we'd get is the house band for Emerial Live.
that's funny
hey they took off the word verification!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home