Thursday, May 26, 2005

Music Makes The People Come Together...

As you can tell, I am singing a Madonna song in my head. And I have no idea why.

Hmmm......mmmm....

Maybe it is because someone stumped me last night at the killer Still Flyin' show at Cafe du Nord. Yoshi is a frickin awesome drummer.

Where was I? Daydreaming....

Oh yeah, so this person-- I will call him Darth Martin-- asked me what was new in the music scene (indie music to be exact). I stared at him and muttered Bloc Party and although there are a gazillion other bands that I love that are newish to me, I have no idea what the last year gave us in the music scene...I mean, I thought about local acts and...and.... brain hiccup.

So, kindly help me make a list of the best of 2004/2005:

1. Joanna Newsom

6 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger faycat said...

how about Arcade Fire?

do you mean new bands or new albums in general?

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Red Star Nezzie said...

new bands

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger faycat said...

Scissor Sisters. I think they were 2004, right?

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Red Star Nezzie said...

so are you having the same brain hiccup as me?

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Red Star Nezzie said...

i would have said

death of a party
roger sisters
veronica lipgloss and the evil eyes
hey willpower
kaito
numbers
futureheads
-- and, wasn't the postal service so 2004? or was that 2003???
the killers
arcade fire
crystal skulls
the lovemakers

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger faycat said...

can't you tell?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home