Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So I asked my friend...


whether or not Sufjan Stevens has a girlfriend. My friend (JR) has met Sufjan a couple of times and said that the official story is that Sufjan is celibate and hangs out with one particular girl most of the time. The unofficial story, which JR refuses to tell me where it comes from or maybe he's just ignoring my frantic IMing, is that Sufjan is gay. Yup...a gay. I responded with a big "he can't be gay, he's Christian!" JR answered "you can be both!" and I came back with a "No, not in America!"

Actually, I am pretty certain that in America it is illegal to be gay and Christian. You go to Prison or get deported to the country of your ancestors or something like that.

Anyway, I passed this information on to a couple of friends, one of whom did a quick search of the internet using the words "Sufjan Stevens gay". She was surprised to find quite a few blogs devoted to this very subject...I was not surprised. Men are jealous of the beautiful and talented Sufjan and are trying to spread rumors (like the Carlos D has Herpes blog--well, maybe that was real). NB: If it is true, the gay community is damn lucky!

I checked out most of these posting, following my friend's example and doing the Sufjan-gay search, and came across not-so-gay indie erotica featuring my beloved Sufjan. I decided to link to this instead of all the gay theory stuff:

"It Sounds Dumb To Say It, But He Actually Gets Me"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home