Day 2- mas es soooo mas-ier!
Pictures pictures pictures. I know. They will come. I am collecting them right now.
Sherry and I moved into our new apartment. She's exploring our cable right now. Most things are in English. We have like 83 channels. Tonight we watched "The OC" ( pronounced TAY O SAY) --we're learning to read Spanish this way. It's awesome.
So... Day 1....
We walked around the neighborhood. Polermo Hollywood. It's nice. Quaint. All of those things. I feel like I'm in Europe. NOT South America. People kiss and say "Ciao" all the time. Oh yeah...everyone is so fucking white. Seriously. Blonde and pale. Sherry remarked that we may be the darkest people here. Not true, but close to being so.
Sherry says : they have like 8 cartoon channels.
Day 2....
We were adventurous. We walked to the park. They have lots of horse racing shit there. A certain gambler I know will be excited to hear that.
Spanish is awesome. We speak weird pigeon Spanish and laugh and laugh but we try. A household decision has been made to actually take classes. Reason being that when people speak to me I stare and say NO. One chick told me that she liked my purse--I, having perfected my deer-in-headlights routine, responded with a very stern NO.
I bought a shirt for 39 pesos. Yes, 39 from a designer. That roughly translates to 13 dollars. Think about that. Just think. Wine is about 3 dollars a bottle and a fancy dinner....around 25 dollars for two people. We did not hold back. We ordered everything. I can't believe how cheap everything is.
After going to the park and to Palermo Soho for shopping and an afternoon drink, we came home and rested. Sherry thought that we needed to get out and explore the night life and so we did:
Tonight we went to AcaBar. It was about a block away. Not too far of a jaunt, but worth exploration. At this bar, they play lots of American and British music. I heard Depeche Mode in the background. We sat on the sidewalk and had a drink, a mixed plate of food and some papas noisettes. The noisettes were especially important because I had eaten them in France and I WANTED them again. Sherry drank a bottle of wine and I drank 2 mojitos.
Did I say that they have French and German television untranslated????
And CNN??? Untranslated?
Inside AcaBar...full of young people. Young and drunk and playing boardgames. (Loretta Lynn is on television) Sherry devided to embrace the environment and grab a boardgame: 4 en linea. connect four. At first, she wanted us to play SexOnario, but the words were in Spanish. That might work in a week, but right now? I don't think so.
Well, tomorrow we plan on going to a protest in Plaza de Mayo and then to the banks.
Sherry asks: is it normal to leave the milk open like this?-- after she smashed a mosquito between her palms.
If you want to call me, please do: 00 54 11 4771-3310.
And come visit.
the pumpkin masher

1 Comments:
awesome update neshemah! it sounds like fun so far. can't wait to visit, esta bien.
Post a Comment
<< Home