Friday, February 04, 2005

Online Dating and Missing Corpses

Like I usually do, I went on Sfgate.com to catch up on my local news. I like to keep up-to-date. It allows for good conversation pieces. Anyhow, I found two "front page" articles a little disturbing. One on the use of Meghan's Law to locate potential dates for other sex offenders. The articles begins:

while fearful parents were searching the Megan's Law sex offender database for local molesters, police said Glen Westberg, a registered sex offender himself, was perusing the internet listing for a very different reason: a date. Read More

The other article talks about putting barcodes on bodies donated to science, because so many have gone missing. I am never donating my body to science. Never. Here is the opening paragraph of this front page news:

TRACKING THE DEAD: After scandals involving the black-market sale of body parts, the University of California is considering fitting cadavers with barcodes or radio frequency devices. Other reforms include better record-keeping and surveillance. Read More

Yikes. Yikes. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home